A Soulful Community
Post Ranch shares the commitment to community and the environment demonstrated by our operating partner, Passport Resorts and its sister properties. The San Francisco Bay Area hotel management company is known for developing and operating award-winning resorts that promote environmental and social responsibility, support sustainable development, and offer a soulful guest experience.
Along with Passport Resorts and its sister properties, Post Ranch has always embraced the philosophy that “what is good for our earth is also good for business.” Our commitment is to take as little from the environment as possible and to give back as much as we can. All Passport resorts, Post Ranch included, share a reverence for the land, community, and local culture.
To manifest this philosophy, we lead by example and pursue these strategies:
- Preserve and protect the environment
- Create a responsible partnership with the local community
- Respect others with whom we share the land, and preserve and impart their culture
- Inspire, educate and communicate with staff, community, guests,
- Develop staff and the local economy, recognizing the impact of local employment
- Provide opportunities for philanthropy (both guests and corporate donors)
- Support other nonprofits with similar priorities
At Passport Resorts, we pursue what we call “holistic hospitality.” This means we engage with guests, staff, the community, and nature with intention, integrity, and respect. Today, as we see our long-held values regarding environmental stewardship and community support gain momentum around the world, Passport believes that luxury and sustainability are not mutually exclusive, but work ideally together.
The Post Ranch Inn Big Sur Community Fund
The Post Ranch Inn Big Sur Community Fund is a “donor advised fund”, administered by the Community Foundation for Monterey County, a charitable organization qualified under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Post Ranch Inn Big Sur Community Fund was established in order to provide a simple mechanism for hotel guests staying at Post Ranch Inn to give back to our community by making contributions that are then distributed to local charitable organizations.